Friday, June 15, 2012

Contentment

n.
1. The state of being contented; satisfaction.
2. A source of satisfaction
 
 
“Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough”
  -Oprah Winfrey

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not.”
  -Ann Brashares
 
I know I cant be the only person that struggles with this, but it's something that I constantly deal with. I am blessed, and I mean truly blessed. I have a great husband, an awesome family, the best friends ever, a job I love, and ridiculous amounts of THINGS that most people would be more than happy with...but something inside me just wants more. I don't know what it is, I'd like to blame it on being an only child, and not being too familiar with the word NO growing up. Earlier this year I made a resolution to be more content with the things I have, and to try not to desire the things that I quite frankly, can live without. Well, to be honest I am failing...I always want more, I always want better...
I've always joked that shopping is my drug of choice, or shopping is cheaper than therapy...but the thing is...I'm not an unhappy person! 
I am truly happy, and I love where my life is at this point...I just wish I could grasp this concept, and truly be content with the things I have. 
Have any of you ever struggled with this, and if so, what was the breaking point. I feel like I just need a big dose of reality, or a slap in the face to make me grow up...

I hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Nate & I

Nate & I



My Favorite Girls

My Favorite Girls


Confessions of a Recovering Shopaholic







Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Laura Deacetis
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.