Thursday, June 28, 2012

30 Before 30 - An update!

Just over a year ago I sat down and listed 30 things that I would love to accomplish before I turned 30. As I approach 26, I started looking at my list and tried to figure out the things I could scratch off this year! You can check out the original post here!

  1. Become a runner.
  2. Be completely debt free. [I'm working on it, slowly but surely]
  3. Read my Bible cover to cover.
  4. Learn to cook, and cook every recipe in my favorite cookbook.
  5. Own a pair of Christian Louboutin's
  6. Get a passport, and use it!
  7. Volunteer with a worthy cause.
  8. Learn to paint. Nothing fancy...just cutesy stuff!
  9. Go on a vacation with my girlfriends. [Julianne's Bachelorette party is in October and we're going to NOLA, I can't wait!]
  10. Take a photography class.
  11. Visit NYC during the Holidays.  December 1-4, 2011: Amazing!
  12. Meet Paula Deen. [I would love this, I really want to visit Savannah, GA, and would love to run into her there!]
  13. Save a 6 month emergency fund.
  14. Swim with dolphins in Hawaii.
  15. Attend my 10 year High School reunion. [This will be 2014]
  16. Marry my best friend. April 28, 2012: It was perfect!
  17. Be small enough to walk in a boutique store and buy clothes. [If I would get started on #1, this one would likely follow!]
  18. Go on a one month "No-Buy"...Only purchase food, gasoline, and necessary household items. [I've tried this twice in the past year, and failed miserably both times. It might be worth another shot!]
  19. Be a children's Sunday school teacher at my church. 
  20. Read 1 book a month.
  21. Meet The Pioneer Woman...yea I put this one on here just so I could immediately cross it off...lol...I'm a weirdo like that! HA :)
  22. Fish a couples tournament with Nate!
  23. Take a trip by myself.
  24. Have dinner with my parents at least once a week. Let's be honest, if we didn't eat at my parents weekly, we'd starve. I've really got to work on that cooking! I should probably attempt #4 on this list sooner, rather than later!
  25. Sing Karoke.
  26. Learn how to sew.
  27. Purchase myself a nice piece of jewelry. [I think I really deserve a Yurman bracelet, or ring...this might be the year!]
  28. Learn how to play golf.
  29. Pay it forward.
  30. Start and keep up with a blog. I've kept up with it for over a year, and I have "met" some pretty wonderful people through my blog!       
I think I should be able to cross at least a few of these things off this year, and I will definitely share with you guys!  

No comments:

Nate & I

Nate & I



My Favorite Girls

My Favorite Girls


Confessions of a Recovering Shopaholic







Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Laura Deacetis
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.