Thursday, April 21, 2011

If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!

Well Happy Thursday everyone, thankfully in the wonderful world of dentistry that means Friday! Woo Hoo! I was starting to feel like this week would never end! The weather has been absolutely crazy the last couple days. My dinner plans last night were postponed, so if you were wondering how the mini meatball sandwiches turned out, check back, I'll be making them this weekend! Tonight is my last night of Financial Peace University, I kinda feel like I'm graduating from Shopaholics Anonymous. (There were no S.A. programs in my area; believe me, I looked!) By no means is the FPU program geared to make you quit shopping, or give up the things you want, but it makes you smarter with your money. You give your money a name before you ever get it, and you have a monthly budget which has actually helped tremendously! The slogan for FPU is "Live like no one else, so later you can LIVE like no one else". The goal is to do what it takes, sacrifice that new Coach purse, daily meals out, weekly trips to Dillard's...whatever your vice may be...give those things up for a short about of time, then once you've become "financially stable", you can LIVE like no one else! I wish this class would have been offered in High School. I'm not certain it would have helped, but I think if I would have had this knowledge before I ever made my first paycheck, things would have been a lot different! 



I hope you are all having a great Thursday, despite the rain!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

such a true quote girl :) thanks for posting it! great blog too by the way ;)

Lacey said...

Thanks for your sweet comments! Hope you have a great day!

Leah said...

I think DR should be taught in high school, too! Or at least college. . . not that everyone would pay attention but it would've been so helpful to know.

Lacey said...

I know, I can't imagine how different my life would be if I would have known what I know now before I ever made a real paycheck. I am seriously considering buying Total Money Makeover books for College grad. presents from now own.

Nate & I

Nate & I



My Favorite Girls

My Favorite Girls


Confessions of a Recovering Shopaholic







Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Laura Deacetis
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.