Monday, April 18, 2011

Failure with a capital F

So...it's Monday...and for the last several Monday's I've told myself I'm going to make my New Year's Resolutions stick this week, but I have decided this Monday I'm done making excuses. As most (all 3) of you know, I have always had an issue with compulsive (self diagnosed) shopping. This  year I told myself it was time to grow up! I had always used shopping as a way to fill some sort of void I guess? Not that I didn't have a great family, and wonderful friends...but a new purse, or new pair of shoes was almost like a high...I always joked "Shopping is my drug of choice".  By no means have I completely stopped shopping, but I am much improved from where I was...I just hope in the future to find a balance of enjoying shopping, and depending on it for contentment. Two of my favorite quotes, that I actually keep in my wallet put things in perspective when I go to pull out my debit card.
"We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like." - Dave Ramsey
"Carefully consider your buying motives, no amount of stuff equals contentment." - Dave Ramsey
(If you don't know who Dave Ramsey is, keep reading! I'm sure you'll hear more about him in the future!)


As for my other FAILED postponed resolutions, Jillian Michaels and myself have a HOT DATE tonight! FML (PS: Kyndall Carder, when you move home, I have elected you as my official workout partner...and if you call yourself fat, I will punch you! Love ya, mean it!)


On a brighter note...a year ago today I sent my sweet boyfriend, a stranger at the time, a super creepy stalker text message...lol...thank goodness he responded, and a year later I can't imagine my life without him!


Until next time...

2 comments:

Kyndall said...

I think you should get one of those quotes on your hand. And I will tell you, being your cheap friend, you have improved a bit! Also, I need to workout so I guess we can attempt to make eachother... I think we should go to Zumba bc your so good at dancing.

Lacey said...

Lol...This girl will not be doing Zumba in public, but my previous shopaholic self purchased the DVD's on eBay last year...we can humiliate our self in the privacy of my own home!

Nate & I

Nate & I



My Favorite Girls

My Favorite Girls


Confessions of a Recovering Shopaholic







Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Laura Deacetis
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.