Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blogger 411




1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging?
Has your blog changed?

I started blogging in April of 2011, I had come to a point in my life where I wanted something to occupy my time other than shopping. It started as a place to share my journey with Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class, and to document the exciting things I was doing with my life, other than shopping :) I don't think my blog has changed too much, obviously I failed at Dave Ramsey, and I've failed at not shopping, but I'm still the same person I was when I started. I just need to find the motivation again to go back in the direction I was going!


2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study? I went to a Technical College, I got a technical certificate in Dental Assisting, and honestly it was the best decision for me. I've been at my job for 7 years, I spent 4 1/2 years as an assistant, and for the last year and a half I've been the office manager. I absolutely LOVE my job!


3. Where have you traveled?  I've been to all of the states surrounding Arkansas several times. I've also been to Colorado, Florida, Philadelphia, New York, Hawaii, and Cozumel.
Jessica & I in Cozumel


Julianne & I in Times Square


4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy? I would pay off everything we own, and buy a house!


5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves? People who take advantage of government assistance, People who constantly complain about EVERYTHING!, and people who think that their opinion is the only one that counts!


6. What is your favorite movie? Sweet Home Alabama, I've watched it 100 times, and could watch it 100 more!


7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea? Sweet Tea, Y'all!
 

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time? Blog, Paint my nails, Watch Lifetime movies, Read...we have no kids, so I have a lot of me time!


9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be? Definitely Neiman Marcus,  they have a good mix of some of my favorite designers!
 

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present. Bluggghhh I make a fool out of myself quite often...I can't think of anything that just stands out.
 

11. What day would you love to relive again? I'm supposed to say my wedding day, right? Sorry ladies, although I do love my sweet husband, and our wedding was a pretty perfect day...I'd much rather go back and relive one of the days that Julianne and I were in NYC on 5th Ave. and spent the $5,000 I had saved for the trip, instead of saving it...I can't wait to go back!
 

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you? I'd say Jennifer Aniston, I frequently have Rachel moments,
 

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years? My best job was working at the community pool during the summer, I had an awesome tan!  I also worked at GAP while in college.
 

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
Some church trip from High School
Kyndall & I the night of my Senior Prom

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Bora Bora, no question!



16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you. 
This is from our wedding day, it's Nathan and I with my parents, his parents and 3 of his 9 siblings, brother in law, and nephew. All of these people are very special to me.
My most recent picture. Girls night out with my favorite girls!
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now? 5 years from now I definitely want to be in a house I love, I would be absolutely fine with being at my current job, happily married to my Nate, and I'd love to be in the final stages of adoption from China.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear about all the details with the China adoption!!! I think that is SO neat. Do you mind me asking why you decided on adoption and why China? You don't have to answer if you dont want :)
One of our family friends has adopted 2 children from Russia and about a year ago brought home a little girl from China. Their stories are amazing!!

Chris said...

I can't believe you had a spree in NYC, but I absolutely love it!

Nate & I

Nate & I



My Favorite Girls

My Favorite Girls


Confessions of a Recovering Shopaholic







Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Laura Deacetis
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.